Pankaj Wadhawan- CEO of Blueshift
Pankaj is an MBA from IBS, CFA, Masters in Commerce and ICWA. He has more than 18 years of experience and has worked in leading organisations in real estate & finance like Director- Meghraj India (leading real estate & finance firm), Director- PricewaterhouseCoopers, Tata Unisys etc. He has mentored and advised various corporates as well as top leadership teams of leading Developers in the area of Strategy, Scaling up for next level, Transformation, Corporate Finance, Business Acquisitions, Hiring Talent, Setting up Processes, Marketing Strategies etc. To his credit he has resolved one of the first Corporate Debt Restructuring (CDR) cases in India and also the first satellite project finance in India.
Select key assignments mentored/advised by him are as under:
- Mentoring of top leadership of some of the top 50 developers of Mumbai
- Marketing strategy, Business strategy and Acquisition of talent for some of the leading developers of Mumbai
- Private Equity and Structured finance of $110 million for south based Infra and Real Estate player and setting up entire MIS and consolidation of financial management for various real estate spvs.
- Unlocking real estate value, restructuring of a leading Appliances group amounting to INR 1 billion and mentoring top leadership to achieve scale and induct next generation into business.
- Project finance of INR 6.5 billion for Agrani Satellite- a Zee group enterprise
- Successfully ran the JV process for a land owner of distressed property including mentoring him to resolve various business issues.
- PE of $15 mn for a Chennai based leading Real Estate developer and strategy of business acquisitions.
- Cross-border acquisition advisory for a leading Polyester company, project cost being $ 25 mn.
- Growth capital and working capital facilities aggregating to INR 2 billion for a leading edible oil company and setting up entire MIS and financial management process.
- Restructuring and refinance for Kamat Hotel and Lotus suites amounting to INR 2 billion
- Restructuring of debt facilities of Thiru Arooran Group amounting to INR 6 billion
- Buy side advisory to a PE fund for a strategic stake in an animal health care company. EV being $35 mn.
Besides above, he has carried out various assignments in the area of Real Estate Strategy & Business growth, JV/JDAs, Land Sale, buyout, CDR, BIFR, syndication etc.
Speakers/Faculties for our Real Estate and Finance Workshops in Mumbai
We have various faculties who are presently working at COO/Director/Head level positions in leading developer companies, fund houses etc. Some of the select faculties out of our long list are mentioned below:
Director, one of the largest IPC
He is an architect and urban planner, has more than 15 years of experience of project co-ordination in the field of international real estate advisory, urban, infrastructure and environmental planning field. His expertise includes Land and Investment advisory, public private partnership, real estate consulting pertaining to financial feasibility and cash flow management, urban and regional planning. Joy has handled real estate consultancy business including projects by State Government agencies, PSUs, Airport Authority of India, Indian Railways, Corporates and various private developers. He was also involved in providing land advisory, structuring of Joint Venture in the real estate projects, public private partnership for Government as well as private clients.
Ex-COO of a leading developer of Mumbai, ex Kalpataru
He has more than 2 decades of experience with firms like Kalpataru. His experience covers entire gamut right from acquisition of land to developing and successfully selling large size projects. To his credit he has acquired various land parcels in Mumbai and outside Mumbai under outright as well as JV and has developed and marketed mega residential and commercial projects.
CEO Blueshift, ex Director PwC
Pankaj is an MBA, Masters in Commerce, CFA and ICWA. He has more than 18 years of experience in the area of Mentoring leadership team of Real Estate Companies and Advisory/Transformation of Corporates in real estate, construction, manufacturing, financial services industry etc. In his career he has worked with firms like Meghraj Group of UK, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Tata Unisys Ltd etc. He has been instrumental in transforming various small size corporates into medium/large size corporates by advising them in their strategic growth plans, financing requirements, accessing capital markets, building teams, rolling out strategies etc.
Managing Director of One of the Largest Architect Firm
He has more than 16 years of experience in the real estate and construction industry across India. With a bachelor degree in engineering, he started his career with one of the top Indian builders based in Mumbai. He has very vast knowledge and experience in approvals and clearances throughout the lifecycle of building projects.
Head- Valuation of one of the largest valuation firm
He is an architect and has more than 15 years of experience in Real Estate sector. He is heading valuation business. He has worked in the areas of real estate forecasting, formulations of economic and physical plans, assessments of policies, legislations and regulatory mechanisms for delivery of infrastructure services, large scale infrastructure and township projects, project formulation and appraisals etc.
Head of Sales and Marketing, with a leading developer of Mumbai, ex Lodha & Kalpataru
He has more than 16 years of experience in sales and marketing in real estate. He has worked with leading brands like Lodha, Kalpataru etc. He has been responsible for strategizing and rolling out sales and marketing plan for residential and commercial projects of the group. He has significantly contributed in increasing sales from domestic and international channels.